Aside from the local
organizations that we list in this section, you might want to
consider these ideas:
- Run a food drive. Refer to Karina S.'s brochure on how to hold a food
drive. (Note: The brochure might take a while to open.)
- Send care packages to college students or
military personnel (non-perishable food like cookies and candy,
notepads, pencils, phone cards).
- Find out whether your school or place of
worship has community service activities available, like
planting/maintaining a garden, litter clean-up, and painting.
- There are many other senior citizen facilities,
food shelves and parks in the area that may be in need of community
- Toys for Tots has many drop-off locations in
late November/early December.
- Remember that many charitable organizations
gladly accept donations of basic office supplies like post-it notes and
back to top