Girl Scouts River Valleys’ financial assistance process transitioned to an online format in January 2019 for all award categories (e.g. camp, membership) except uniform and program materials in retail shops, which remained a paper process. Effective September 1, 2019, this last category will transition to the same online application and award process. Here’s how it will work:
- Eligible purchases include uniform, including council insignia and other required components, and program materials, such as Journey books and The Girls Guide to Girl Scouting. Shop staff can provide greater detail about eligible purchases.
- Online applications are due at least three days prior to visiting a retail shop or calling to place a phone order. This allows adequate time for processing.
- Families will be notified by email of their award.
- Members will need this award email to process a purchase in the shop. It can be printed or shown on a mobile device.
- Awards can be redeemed in any Girl Scouts River Valleys retail shop, but cannot be used online.
- If you are unable to visit a retail shop, call 800-845-0787 or email email@example.com to place an order. Additional shipping charges may apply.
- Families qualifying for free lunch will receive $85 to be used on eligible retail items.
- Families qualifying for reduced lunch will receive $65.
- Families who do not qualify but indicate other hardship or challenge will receive $45.